Jewelry at WP Shelton Jewelers
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! It’s the best time of year to let your significant other know how much they mean to you. This day is known for its ties to chocolates and sweet notes, but did you know there’s a lot more to Valentine’s Day than just candy and cards? Since its conception, Valentine’s Day has grown culturally, especially in Western countries. People are spending more on Valentine’s Day every year! You might be wondering what to get your sweetheart for Valentine’s Day, or are maybe even considering popping the question. Want to know what to treat your Valentine to this year, or want to impress your partner with some V-Day knowledge! If so, take a look at some of the facts below!
- The Feast of Saint Valentine was established in the 5th century, but it wasn’t considered a day of romance until centuries later. It didn't officially become a holiday associated with love until the 1300s by English author Geoffrey Chaucer. Since then, it has been considered the day of love.
- Following the holiday’s emphasis on love, Valentine’s Day is one of the most popular days for proposals. Nearly 6 million couples get engaged on Valentine's Day.
- Even those who don’t pop the question on Valentine's Day agree that the holiday is a great time to propose. It was voted the best day of the year to propose than any other day, and 48% of Americans agree proposing on Valentine's Day is romantic.
- The ladies aren’t the only ones who agree with the previous fact! 40% of those who voted Valentine’s Day as the best day to propose were men.
- Valentine’s Day means more than just a day of love in American culture. It’s also one of the most financially prosperous holidays, as it is a $14.7 billion industry in the U.S.
- So much money is spent on Valentine’s Day, but what are people buying? The gift that people spend the most on is jewelry.
- It’s no surprise that Valentine’s Day is a huge day for the jewelry industry. Overall, people will spend $4.7 billion on jewelry for Valentine’s Day. That’s a lot!
- If you need any more reasoning to give your honey jewelry for V-day, know that almost 20% of all Valentine’s Day purchases are jewelry.
- Not having a valentine isn’t a reason not to love yourself on Valentine’s Day this year! The NRF found in its annual survey that 11% of individuals plan on treating themselves to a gift, including jewelry. Who needs a valentine when diamonds are a girl’s best friend anyway?
Are you surprised by any of these facts? We sure are! We hope this blog has given you some direction for your Valentine’s Day plans. If you still need a little help figuring out what to gift your sweetheart this year, we’ll give you a little hint. You can’t go wrong with jewelry, and we have the facts to prove it! From all of us at W. P. Shelton Jewelers, we wish you a happy Valentine’s Day!
Be sure to view our online Valentine's Day Look Book with the link below!!
When you personalize a jewelry piece, it becomes a treasured memento. Celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or any momentous occasion with symbolic jewelry. Custom jewelry is an excellent gift for those you love and also an essential piece in your own collection. Pick jewelry that suits your taste and complements your style and gift someone else with a memorable keepsake they will never forget, with personalized jewelry.
Cooler weather has finally made its way to the south, and that means the holidays are right around the corner. This holiday season, W.P. Shelton Jewelers wants you to give the perfect gifts to the ones you love most. No matter who you're shopping for, we've got the ideal present for your friends and family this winter.
Lockets - Lockets are a timeless piece of jewelry, which is what makes them a great gift to anyone in your life. These necklaces are a sweet sentiment that allows those who wear them to keep a photo or note close to the heart. Lockets can come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors, but no matter the style, they are a sure way to show a person how much you appreciate them.
Diamonds - It's no surprise that diamonds make the perfect gift because, after all, diamonds are a girl's best friend. Diamonds are a classic piece that every woman needs in her jewelry collection. Whether it be a necklace, earrings, or a ring, diamonds are always a great gift to give during the holiday season.
Alternative Bands - If you're looking for a more masculine-styled piece to give this year, alternative bands are stylish rings that are great for the men in your life. These bands come in a variety of metals such as titanium, tungsten, and more. Because they are made with such durable elements, they are perfect for those with active lives who still want to look sleek.
Birthstone Jewelry - When it comes to popular and meaningful jewelry, birthstones are always a classic piece celebrating the birth month of a loved one. From necklaces to rings and from amethysts to rubies, birthstone jewelry is an excellent way to give someone a sentimental gift no matter their style.
Eternity Bands - For those looking to pop the question this December or perhaps make a grand gesture, eternity bands are a great way to declare your never-ending love. These beautiful and chic pieces are sure to catch the eyes of anyone who catches a glimpse of them. Whether you're looking to propose, celebrate an anniversary, or just admire the one you love the most, these bands are a perfect piece to be worn alone or stacked with other rings.
Matching Sets - If you're shopping for someone who loves to wear complementary, chic pieces, matching sets are the gift for them. Matching pieces are a perfect gift for those with a keen sense of style who love to coordinate their jewelry. This includes paired earrings, bracelets, and necklaces in a variety of designs. Matching sets are an impeccable gift for your fashionable friends and family.
We know holiday shopping can be stressful, which is why we at W.P. Shelton Jewelers want to help you nail it out of the park this year with your gifts. Whether you're shopping for a close friend, family member, or the one you love the most, W.P. Shelton Jewelers is here to help you pick the perfect gift this holiday season, and all the ones to come.
Take a peek at our 2019 Look Book for more ideas: 2019 W. P. Shelton Jewelers Look Book.